Excelsior Academy

Friday, March 16, 2007

Reflections....

I've not been blogging much for our hs but thats okay. I've got most of it written in my journal and when I make time, I'll do a proper update. I have been thinking about what I want us to do next and what direction to proceed in. We've experienced several setbacks, nothing major, just little things that have sidetracked me a bit. More than anything, I have figured out that I am very tired and it was due to never resting while working. I don't know what I thought would happen once I stopped working but I was tired when I worked and I'm still tired because I don't rest. I was listening to a ministry cd tonight and the speaker talked about just that, resting. He discussed how God had dealt with him on resting and he didn't get it. I am like that too. Just too stubborn, pig headed or something until it hits me upside the head.

Well, life hit me upside the head last week. I have been dragging myself around, not able to get up before 9a and the worse, didn't bother to do lessons. I'd just sit, knit or do absolutely nothing. Then the car broke down and started to put some things into perspective. We've been w/o a car for 2wks now and my home has been more peaceful until this afternoon when I began to worry about how I was going to get to work. Well, enough of that, I realize that I need to rest more than I need extra spending $. I need to be more discipline with the finances I have and simply rest. My dc need me to be the best teacher I can be and that begins with me taking care of me.

Now don't misunderstand, we have been working but no formal lessons have been done. No big either, we have done Bible, we read together or alone, and we do lots of math even if its just working in the kitchen. I've managed to make lots of things by hand, you can read more
here. My dc are starting to do more with their hands and we've taken 3 walks this week. Yeah! Its been a very long time since we actually did any physical activity. It has been good for us and we have been reflecting on why we are here, what we have learned and where we will go next not forgetting what we've been through. Oh, we really would like to have transportation but it has given us time to consider our ways and what is best for our family. Plus the dc have been able to spend time w/their dad too.

So as far as academics go, I think I am now finally doing what I had been praying and planning about in this
post. I am finally teaching, and living, so that my dc know life isn't all about academics. It is about living a life that is full, content and in service to the Most High. This is a full life and I'm going to enjoy every single minute of it.

Have a great weekend!

til next time ~ in the life & times of the Excelsior Warriors!!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Dawn ;) at 12:22 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home