Excelsior Academy

Monday, January 22, 2007

Progress Report

It's been quiet here. Not much happening thanks to the ice storm and cold temperatures. We were even expecting lots of snow but that didn't happen, just rain and sleet. Too bad ~ I wanted to stay home and snuggle, drink hot chocolate sitting by a fire. Maybe another day but I did resign from the library and look forward to spending much more time at home w/my family. I am also finished with working at BBW for the season though I will am on-call for them. I was thinking about applying for another pt job, about 10 hrs a week but decided that I am going to rest and let God do what He promised for our family and spend my time w/Him. Between teaching, volunteering, working w/my support groups, drawing, writing and subbing sometimes ~ I believe I have plenty to do w/o having to take on a new job. Besides, dh decided it was time to start selling books, so that will keep me busy too ~ a home business.

To recap, we have been just reading and resting. I am planning our course for the year. Taking my time to decide what would be best and to allow myself transition from work back to home. I am finding that my full attention is required to move us forward in our studies, therefore I am using these weeks to prepare for the move up in our course work. I am hoping to begin Year 7 in February but I want to be here to be apart of the lessons and studies. I have never read most of the books they will be working through and want to do so. I so look forward to working with them instead of trying to get them to work. Thats a hard job and hasn't been the easiest thing for me to accept.

Our book list is not complete. I'll try to get it posted before Feb but it may not happen before the 31st, which is my last day at the library. Riley and Da Boy are reading the last of the books they haven't read on the Pre-Year 7 list in preparation for Year 7. I'll update more later in the week. Have a great week!

til next time ~ in the life & times of the Excelsior Warriors!!

Labels: , ,

posted by Dawn ;) at 12:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home