Excelsior Academy

Sunday, July 1, 2007

1st Day of Summer School

We did it ~ we had our first day. My first day's plans was to introduce the order of our days, subjects to be covered and to review our reading goals. I gave them a mental math test which helped me to know which areas need more attention for better planning. I gave each of them a copy of the MEP Summer School homework book, a list of the literature read during AO Yrs 1-6 and plan to give them each a book log to record books read during the summer. I had them check the books read on the literature list, mark the ones they didn't finish or are currently reading. I think this will help us stay focus and we can get ready to move forward. Sk8Chick has agreed to do some of our lessons with us and had fun taking the mental test too. I will try to update weekly and it will probably be on Sundays since that is my most relaxed day on the net and when the computer seems to cooperate.

Weekly schedule:
We will meet 3 days a week for 2 hrs ~ tues/wed/fri
Tues/Wed ~ review work, complete independent assignments, group work in reading/art/music/poetry
Fri ~ introduce new lessons and assign next week's work
Mon/Thu ~ are volunteer days for 4hrs ea
Weekends will be reserved for rest/chores/trips

Off to write my lesson plans. Have a wonderful week & Happy 4th.

Labels: ,

posted by Dawn ;) at 2:04 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home