Excelsior Academy

Saturday, September 10, 2005

New Beginnings

Welcome, this is my first entry. A lot has transpired since I first created this blog and I am not sure where to begin. However, since it is titled "New Beginnings," I'll keep it to what has happened recently.

We have finished our first week of school and it has been more than I could have ever hoped for. I was very anxious about this year for in it I had high hopes of achieving greatness where I have lacked before. I believe I truly put too much pressure on myself and now I can see that the worry was for naught. The children are happy, content, joyful and have taken to this new school year wonderfully.

We began implementing more Charlotte Mason this year using the wonderful curriculum provided by Ambleside Online. It has been most helpful and freeing to be able to turn to such a resource. I remarked to my husband today, that today was the first day I didn't think, worry or needed to complete something for school and it felt marvelous. The children had few questions and it was a very smooth day.

I was anxious about this year because so many new things were happening to include jumping full tilt into using AO/HEO along with starting a part-time job and all the other marvelous opportunities that were beginning to come our way. Suffice to say, it has been a wonderful day and week. We even met fellow hs'ers today at Chess Club (one of the new opportunities).

The children all have their own schedules and work independently. We have group times set aside for every Wednesday, every other Thursday/Friday and weekly tea-times that my son is so looking forward to. I must admit, I was not expecting such a response or such diligence or willingness to learn since prior years have been somewhat of a struggle. I am truly thankful they are maturing and taking it upon themselves to be more responsible and to truly want to learn. This past school year, I believe, was very helpful in establishing this in them, however, I was unaware of it until recently. I guess, all those long nights and days of praying and trying to make it work have truly paid off.

I look forward to a marvelous year of learning, growing and being all that we are created to be in Him. May the Lord continue to bless our home for His Glory.

Dawn ; )

Labels: ,

posted by Dawn ;) at 12:13 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home